A. PEDIATRIC AND ADULT AUDIOLOGY
We have specialists in Pediatric Audiology which is a strength and guarantee of the services provided by our institution for the care of young patients of different age groups.
Also we see adult patients who require Audiological tests; within these test we mainly emphasize the following:
• Basic clinical audiological tests
- Pure-tone audiometry
- Acoustic Impedance Testing (acoustic immittance)
- Behavioral Audiometry - Infant Audiometry
- Visual reinforcement audiometry testing
• Audiological Free Field Test
• Hearing screening Test
• Recruitment Test
• Tubal Function Test
• Auditory Evoked Potential Screening
• Otoacustic Emissions test (OAE test)
B. SELECTION, COUNSELING AND ADAPTATION OF HEARING AIDS
We offer complete audiological evaluation for each case with assessment and adaptation of hearing aids, providing wide range of products offering programmable hearing aids and digital type aids with the support of several maintenance and repair companies which guarantee these services to patients who require them.
We are interested in following and monitoring the patient after the hearing aid fitting, therefore we keep ongoing communication patients and practice clinical evaluations after adapting these hearing aids.
C. OSSEOINTEGRATED HEARING AIDS
Also, we maintain communication with physicians and specialists who refer patients for appropriate audiological assessment.
We also offer assessment, programming and counseling to patients who benefit from fitting of osseointegrated hearing aids(BAHA ) to both children and adults at different stages as follows:
• Preoperative Stage:
- Audiological Assessment of candidate for osseointegrated implant placement
- Presurgical tests (audiometry, speech audiometry, impedance, functional gain
audiological evaluation with and without hearing aids).
- Multidisciplinary evaluation of candidate for hearing aid fitting of osseointegrated
• Postsurgical Stage:
- Adaptation of the processor, after osseointegration phase.
- Audiological Monitoring and follow up of post-implant patients.
- Audiological Free Field Testing.
D. ASSESSMENT PRE AND POST COCHLEAR IMPLANT
We have an Audiology specialist with expertise in assessment and adaptation of children and adults who require cochlear implant or users of these devices that need audiological clinical follow-up.
We participate in the assessment of patients covering different stages as follow:
• Audiological assessment Pre Cochlear Implant.
• Audiological test (audiometry, speech audiometry, impedance testing, audiological
functional gain assessment with and without hearing aids, Electrophysiologic evaluation
with auditory evoked potentials which we will have soon)
• Multidisciplinary assessment of candidates for cochlear implant.
• Impedance measurement and telemetry during surgery.
• Cochlear Implant Activation.
• Monitoring and Audiological follow-up of post-implant patients.
We maintain frequent communication with physicians and specialists who refer patients for appropriate audiological assessments.
E. HEARING PROTECTORS
We offer the ability to make and adapt hearing protectors for noise and water in both children and adults.
F. PATIENT'S PARENT COUNSELING
We offer permanent guidance and counseling to our patients and accompanying parents or relatives about care and healthy habits to avoid hearing deterioration, preventive and protective measures, hearing preservation or, suggestions for auditory rehabilitation according to the clinical case for the child, young or greater adult.
We are able to provide the information you need about:
1. Appropriate audiological tests to rule out hearing impairment according to the age of each patient.
2. Benefits and advantages of hearing rehabilitation with conventional hearing aids (digital and programmable) or osseointegrated hearing aids (BAHA).
3. Hearing assessment, orientation and assessment pre and post cochlear implant.
4. Counseling, adaptation and monitoring of different hearing aid solutions.
5. Measures of hearing protection to prevent hearing loss or other work-related factors.
6. Specific pediatric audiological evaluation by age.
FAQ ABOUT CHILD HEARING
WHAT IS A HEARING SCREENING?
It's quick hearing test in adults or children in order to discover their hearing status. Should be some alteration in these screenings will require specific clinical trials to confirm the actual status of hearing.
WHAT KIND OF AUDIOLOGICAL TESTS COULD PRACTICE ON A CHILD?
From birth can be applied to assess hearing tests such as otoacoustic emissions and later from infancy auditory evoked potentials; then throughout childhood can be applied several audiological test by age.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD EXPLORE THE HEARING TO MY CHILD?
It is generally recommended once a year to practice hearing in preschool and school students to early detect any alteration and give on time the properly treatment.
THERE ARE HEREDITARY DEAFNESS?
There are several types of hearing loss in some cases themselves are hereditary; however, not all hearing loss have family component and even many of them are the result of isolated disease of a person, so specialized and timely management is necessary, preventing sequelae such as hearing loss. Today most hearing losses are detected and variable treatment according to each case.
WHO SHOULD TELL THE HEARING TESTS?
Pediatricians, otolaryngologists, the “familiarist doctors” and general doctors physicians are the most frequently indicate these tests and sometimes in conjunction with the Audiologist tell the counsil to parents to practice Audiologists special tests will be taken as appropriate. Teachers in special cases also suggest parents to practice these tests if they suspect some degree of hearing loss in school.
WHAT CONSEQUENCES BRING THE LATE DETECTION OF HEARING LOSS IN CHILDREN?
A child with hearing loss present delay in language development, low care, decreased school performance, learning difficulties and limitations for communication with their family and social environment.
COUNTRY MEDICAL CENTER
Cra. 19A Nº 82 - 85 Office 409
Phone: (57+1) 531 1948 - (57+1) 530 4598
PBX: (57+1) 795 3130 Ext.: 4090
Mobile: (57+) 310 485 1514
BOGOTÁ D.C. COLOMBIA
© COPIRIGHT 2016 ALL THE RIGHTS RESERVED MEDICAL TARGET